Monday, September 28, 2026

Royal Navy for Bolt Action (part 1)

    During operations, like "Operation Torch" in North Africa, Royal Navy sailors went ashore to guide landing crafts, manage supply beaches, and clear captured harbours. Though sailors operating in such environments often wore khaki army uniforms paired with Royal Navy caps and rank badges, I preferred to paint them in their white uniforms, the action working dress shirts and the blue shorts.

   I used metal figures of the Warlord Games Royal Navy section and some plastic figures of the WG British Commonwealth Infantry box for my first RN section. Soon, I will post the second RN section as well.

The Royal Navy section

   I swapped metal heads for plastic ones and added to a couple of them bears using green stuff to give the sailors an old salt look.


A sailor with a Lewis Gun


   I glued the metal heads with sailor caps to the plastic figures.


I gave this one a scarf

The NCO with the peaked cap and the blue jacket with his five sailors. All metal figures.



The NCO with sailors in action working dress shirts and shorts



   Apart from the two RN sections I have an HQs unit, which consists of an Ensign and two petty officers, all with SMGs.

The Ensign in the middle with the Brodie helmet.



A family photo

   And below a photo I took of a Jack Tar with the Union Jack, on board HMS Ocean during a port visit in Lisbon back in 2015. 


   Finally, I am happy to see that my humble blog reached one million views! Well done!

   That's it for today! Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...