My 8th Army heavy weapons platoon consists of two Vickers medium machine gun teams, two medium mortar teams and an Artillery Officer. I used 60mm bases only for one of each kind of the weapon teams. For the soldiers of the other two teams I used 25mm bases. It is easier this way to remove the casualties during the game.
Medium machine gun teams
I cut the heads of two gun members and replaced them with Australian heads of British Commonwealth Infantry box to differentiate the two MMG teams.
The Australian MMG
The British MMG
It was very difficult to cut the heads of the mortar crew because of their poses, so no swap for them.
The first mortar team
The second mortar team and the artillery officer
A very good friend of mine recently visited the Military Museum of Belgrade and sent me some photographs of the museum's items. The museum was founded in 1878 and is located within the walls of Belgrade Fortress. It is an extensive museum which has more than 3.000 ancient and modern items, such as uniforms, weapons, maps, etc. Below you can see some tanks and guns of WW2.
At this point I would like to mention that the previous week, on Tuesday 25th of August, my blog became fifteen years old!
The first post of my blog was just a humble hello!
Finally, I would like to welcome Jonathan Harker! Jonathan, welcome onboard!
That's it for today! Stay tuned for more!



























No comments:
Post a Comment