Saturday, December 8, 2012

Moria Cave Trolls

   Moria Cave Trolls are huge creatures, slow-witted but very dangerous! Their 3 Attacks of this S can smash every dwarf armour on the tabletop. I have two of them, one with the club and chain and the other one with the spear. The former steps on a ready resin base, which gives the Troll even more height. For the later, I used the usual plaster to make a trench, which is "a missed the target" after the shooting of a dwarf ballista!    

The Cave Trolls

Drill and pin the body parts

Green-stuff


I glew a metal ball to one of the base holes

Plaster and green-stuff

The "missed the target" trench

Troll A  

Rear

Troll B

Rear

   A funny story from the wars between Moria and the Dwarf Kingdom!

"Who is throwing balls to me?"

Dwarf A: "I missed, what to do now?"
Dwarf B: "RUN! RUN fast for your life...."
  
That's it for today! Stay tuned for more Moria!
   Der Feldmarschall welcome onboard!

12 comments:

  1. Nice trolls! Everything that involves green stuff is daunting me... What is your feeling about the new trolls from the about? Quite a different kind don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicolas! To tell you the truth I don't really like the new Trolls. I prefer the old ones because the look more brutal.

      Delete
  2. Hehe, nice detail with the dwarf ballista!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Llama! Lucky you, you already have your 13 Dwarves!

      Delete
  3. Very nice. I bet you are going to like trying out the new monster rules with these guys? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Scott! I don't have the new rules. The only thing I know about the new book is that there is a photo of a unit of "Grim Hammer Dwarves" in it. Since you have the book can you tell me what these Dwarves are?

      Delete
  4. Whatever model was standing near troll B when he missed with the spear and made that gash in the ground was sure lucky! Great idea, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Trolls look really cool, the trench on the base works really well too, I've nominated your blog for the Liebster award: http://chrisgomhobbyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/liebster-award-pleasant-surprise.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your nice words and for the nomination. I really appreciate it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...