Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Kettledrums

   When "War of the Ring" was released on April 4th, 2009 lack of drummers and hornblowers made me to convert some figures to dress the lines of my armies with such warriors.  The question was "What I will use to make a drum?", a kettledrum to be exact. The answer was simple and cheap: a cover of a pen! Here some photos of ready, as well as WIP models. The "drum skin" is aluminium foil.

Warg Rider Drummer WIP

A common pen

The cover (The red line shows where it has to be cut) 

A target Kettledrum

Dunlending Drummer

The cover-drum and aluminium-skin

Morannon Drummer WIP

Uruk-hai Scout Drummer

   That's it for today. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant!

    And I've been agonising over my lack of a goblin musician...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much and good luck with your goblin mysician!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice idea, here. Bic-pens all the way :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...