Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Altar

   

   An altar can be placed in the centre of the battlefield to represent a holy ground. It can also be the objective task of a game, during which one player will try to capture it while the other to defend and hold it. 
   There are many interesting pictures of altars on the internet to be inspired by and make your own one. I used the following materials to make the altar: Styrofoam, wood putty, white glue, hard paper, little rocks and static grass.
   First of all, I drew places of the stones on the hard paper. I tried to place all eight of them in shape of a cycle. 


   After that I cut the pieces of styrofoam and glued them on the hard paper.


   I covered them with black wood putty.


   And then I spread wood putty on the hard paper as well. While it was still wet, I stuck some little rocks here and there.  


   When everything became dry, I painted the stones black and the ground brown.


   I used various tints of grey colour to highlight the stones and brown shades for the ground. Finally, I glued some static grass at the foot of the stones.   


   Drar and his Dwarf Rangers below help to have a sense of the altar size.


   That's it for today! Stay tuned for more!  

5 comments:

  1. What a great piece of terrain and lovely 'how to'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, man! Giving me some ideas for my terrain, :)

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Centaur! It is always a pleasure to know that someone finds your work interesting and inspiring!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...