Sunday, October 2, 2022

Soviet Siberian Veterans

    Siberian veterans were tough and battle-hardened warriors, who fought against Japan in the east and the forces of the Third Reich in the west during the WWII.   


   I followed the same painting scheme for my veterans as I did for the rest of my Soviet army. I wanted them to look as war experienced warriors, so I gave them plenty of weapons (submachine guns, light machine guns, etc.) and some German captured ones among them. 


   I used a head from the Steppe Warriors sprue of Fire Forge Games for the NCO because I wanted him to have a cruel brutal appearance! The head was bold so I put a shapka ushanka on it. I also gave him a German MP40 submachine gun as a war trophy. 

Degtyaryov light machine gun DP-28

A captured MG34 light machine gun

Panzerfaust anti-tank rockets

A variety of submachine guns

The family photo

Our cat

"I see you!"

   That's it for today! Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...