Sunday, September 11, 2011

WotR Battle (Dwarves vs Isengard)



This is a battle of 1200pts each side. My army, the good forces, consisted of four formations. One formation of Swan Knights of Dol Amroth, a Dwarf King’s Champion, Drar’s Hunters and one Dwarf Warrior Kinband.
Specifically:
Light Infantry
Dwarf Warrior Kinband(6 companies)                                        
Dain                                                                                                  
Banner Bearer                                                                                 
Shieldbearer                                                                                    
Hornblower                                                  515
Heavy Infantry
King’s Champion                                          175
Archers
Drar’s Hunters(3 companies)                                                                   
Drar                                                              200
Heavy Cavalry
Knights of Dol Amroth(4 companies)                                         
Knight Champion                                                                           
Banner Bearer                                                                                 
Hornblower                                                  +300=1190pts.
Number of miniatures:(6x8)+1+(3x8)+(4x2)=48+1+24+8=81.
            My opponent’s army, the evil side, consisted of ten formations! Two formations of Uruk-hai Warriors, two formations of Uruk-hai Pikemen, two formation of Berserkers, one formation of Uruk-hai Crossbowmen, two formations of Uruk-hai Engineers and finally one formation of Warg Riders. I can’t remember more details about this army because we played this game a couple of years ago. Anyway, I lost. It was a massive victory for my friend. My elite force was destroyed under his troops numerical superiority. The aftermath of this game is that the quality is not enough, it is quantity that counts as well. As Napoleon said “Numbers only prevail”.  
 
King’s Champion
            Since the day that WotR rulebook was released, two challenges appeared in front of my eyes. First, to increase the numbers of troops for every army I had (an expensive challenge) and second to fill the blanks of the unreleased characters and heroes (a  creative one). One very interesting character is King’s Champion. I imagined him like a very strong and wild dwarf. I tried to convert a Dwarf Warrior but the result was not exactly what I had in my mind about him. So, I took an old miniature of a Dwarf Slayer and I gave it a touch of LotR to bring it closer to this game.


What I have done? I replaced the banner with a troll’s hand and I set some dead troll’s gear in front of Champion’s feet. To remove the troll’s hand from the battle hammer was easy, on the contrary, to remove the head from the helmet was hard.

 

At the end I was so satisfied about the result that I decided to make another one. Anyway I had a blister with two of them. So, here is the second Champion in all his glory!

              

            For this one I used troll’s drum to give height to my Champion and I cut the Isengard spear in pieces to add battle flavour to my miniature.
Finally, I can say that these two can stand by themselves alone, like small size dioramas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...