Sunday, February 11, 2018

Dwarf rangers WIP

   These are my last twelve rangers that will reinforce my army of Dwarves. As of now, I have 48 dwarf rangers, 2 dwarf ranger heroes and the named character of Drar. I think I am good!

The family photo

   This time I converted almost all of the twelve rangers. I gave shields to rangers who carry throwing weapons, changed the two-hand axes with spears, erased the straps of their leather vests, changed some hands, added furs on their coats, etc. The Celtic shields, the helmet and the pagan pole are pieces of a Celtic warriors sprue of Warlord games. So, let's start.    

The Hero

   I put the hero on a rock to distinguish him from the rest dwarf rangers. The "rock" is just pieces of balsa wood covered with putty. I gave him also a Celtic warrior's helmet, which is hung from his belt. I used green stuff to add a crown of fur to the helmet. 


   Since I had a Celtic banner pole and I didn't want another dwarf with a flag, I converted the below ranger into the banner bearer.  



   Next are the dwarf rangers, to whom I gave Celtic shields.





He is an ex-two-handed weapon ranger. I switched his right hand with the one of the above banner bearer.




   I switched the upper parts of the two-handed axes with a spearhead of a Rohirrim, or the blades of Orc swords. I also added some furs and gave a Celtic shield to two of the rangers . 



The spearhead is an Orc sword blade.





   Finally, I used green stuff to erase the straps from the leather vests of the four archers, to add some hair and fur to their coats.









The rangers' battle formation.


   That's it for today! Stay tuned for more!

9 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...