Sunday, November 15, 2015

Keep WIP

   "Since I have the towers, why not try to build something bigger?" I thought. So, here it is, the Keep as a work in progress. The basic material is a box of my youngest daughter's shoes. This, together with a couple of statues from "Ruins of Osgiliath" set, a spare door from a previous tower and a pair of strange earrings!

The Keep WIP

The shoe box with foam to support its "walls"

"Open" the door

The spare parts

The superstructure is ready

I covered all the walls with plaster

I used balsa wood for the roof

and the earrings for lanterns 

The lantern

The Keep from above

The door and the Osgiliath statues


   As I see it now, I think the door is wrong. I have to place the hinges of the door from the other side of the wall to hide them from the enemies!
   In the meantime, I visited the nice city Porto of Portugal. Below you can see its cathedral and the churchyard sight-seeings. Enjoy!
  
 Equestrian statue of Vímara Peres


Sé do Porto - Porto Cathedral

Sé do Porto 

The Pelourinho on the churchyard

Torre Medieval do Porto

   That's it for today! Stay tuned for more!

6 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...