Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Barn

   This model is a Renedra ramshackle barn. It is a piece that fits in every historical period as   the cote does, my previous terrain piece. If someone wants, he can easily cut the barn doors and windows and stick them in the open position. I didn't do it, I left the model as it is. Just I didn't glue the roof, so that the warriors can have access to the interior of the building. 


   I glued the model on a piece of MDF. I covered the soil with wood putty and stuck little rocks and static grass. The kit comes with some extra parts on its frames; two ladders, two pitch forks and a cart wheel. I used only one of the ladders and one of the pitch forks. I added a small barrel instead of the rest.





   I painted the barn cork brown Vallejo 843 and after that, I gave it a wash with army painter strong tone.

The barn is ready for washing

   I followed the same steps as I did with the cote and the final result is more or less the same. So, they match each other and I can use both of them simultaneously in a future game.   





   That's it for today! Stay tuned for more!
   "collect and paint figures 1:72", welcome on board!

7 comments:

  1. The Renedra models look good and as you say they are versatile for many historical periods. Good job on painting it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done sir, such a good job; I have one of these and seeing your fine work has inspired me to get it out of its box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear that! I will be waiting for your version!!!

      Delete
  3. Very nice work with beautiful details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your words, Phil! The model itself helps a lot, to tell you the truth!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...